Day 1: Red appearance of the skin will vary depending on your treatment and the depth of the penetration of the needles.
Day 2: Redness or pinkness of the skin will be similar to moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable.
Day 3: Skin may still be pink or have returned to normal color. Swelling will subside.
- Wash your face thoroughly a few hours after the treatment. Gently massage your face with tepid water so as to remove all serum and other debris, such as dried blood. Do not use a chemical sunscreen on the same day as your treatment.
- For the first 1-3 days, your skin will be very dry and may feel tight. Frequent use of an HA (hyaluronic acid) serum or other moisturizer will help alleviate this condition.
- After 2-3 days you can return to using your regular skin care products, or as soon as it is comfortable for you to do so. Products containing Vitamin A are recommended.
- Avoid alcohol-based toners for 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 3-5 days, if possible. Use sun protection as suggested by your practitioner.
Home skincare checklist
- Cleanse: Use a soothing cleanser or facial wash with tepid water to cleanse your face for the following 48 hours. Dry gently. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Soothe: Copper-based skincare is recommended, post-treatment, as the mineral properties are perfect to help heal your skin and will sterilize it as well. Resveratrol-based products can help soothe the skin and lessen irritation.
- Hydrate: Following your treatment, the skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore your skin back to a perfect balance.
- Make-up: It is recommended that make-up is not applied for 12 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any make-up with a make-up brush or other applicators that might not be sterile.
- Protect: Apply a practitioner-approved sunscreen, if needed. Take precautions against exposure to the sun. Have no direct exposure to the sun for 3 to 5 days post-treatment. Do not apply chemical sunscreen for 24 hours post-treatment.